Raport Nicko McBrain'a - KOPENHAGA

specjalne raporty z A Matter of Life And Death World Tour 2006/2007!

Moderator: Administracja i Moderacja SanktuariuM

Awatar użytkownika
WICKER MAN
-#Rainmaker
-#Rainmaker

Raport Nicko McBrain'a - KOPENHAGA

Postautor: WICKER MAN » pn lis 13, 2006 1:46 pm

Nicko: Copenhagen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On board flight from Stanstead to, Tampere, Finland.
Time: 1:00pm.
November 12th 2006

Well, well, well, I hope you all are very well after a splendid weekend? I have had a very nice couple of days thank you very much.

On Friday evening we played at the Valby Hallen in Copenhagen. What a great night it was too. After a late check out from the hotel, we flew in from Aalborg, Denmark. We took off at 5pm and landed 45 minutes later. After a small drive to the venue, we arrived, settled in, and relaxed until show time.

I got changed and had my practice a little earlier than usual. I then went to meet with the guys from our record label, EMI. There were a few people that turned up, so it was nice to meet with the guys that sell your records!!!!

After the meet and greet I went up to check me tubs. All was well there.

We hit the stage at 8:50pm and what a gig. We played really well and all had the best time on stage. I can tell you that after the show when we were on our way back to Blighty I was in quite a bit of pain from me back. I had really gone for it that show and consequently I have to pay the price.

We left the stage and got changed really quickly. Then we jumped into the vans and headed back to Copenhagen airport. When we were leaving it was brought to our attention that the house lights were left off for a good 5 minutes. That’s wrong because the fans think that we are going to come back on stage to play another song. I would like to apologize to all our fans for this happening it was not fair on you all. “Kin words have been delivered already and this will not happen again. So, thank you Denmark for what for me was a most splendid time on this tour.

Yesterday was a great day as well. I had a really good, peaceful nights rest and awoke feeling refreshed and ready for the day.

I decided to pop down to the village shops. I had to take in a pair of shoes that needed repairing and also my coat needed a new zipper. I found a cobblers and an alteration shop right next door to one another so that was very cool. I dropped me stuff off and then went over to the pub for a spot of lunch. I had a nice bowl of Potato and Broccoli soup washed down with a nice pint of London Pride. Lovely jubbly. I bought a paper and made myself comfy. Had a read and then watched the England, Argentina ‘Kin rugby match, boys and girls what a ‘Kin mess it was too. Oh well another defeat.

It was around 4:15pm when me old china, Pat Hegan, turned up at the boozer. We had spoken earlier and he said he would come over and spend some time with me. He had a few pints of Guinness and me another couple of Prides. We decided to go for a nice Chinese meal in Gerard’s Cross. Pat managed to get a taxi for us then we made our way over to the Good Life restaurant. We had a great meal accompanied by a reasonable bottle of Margaux, not too pricey but very nice. Pat was going to stay over but alas I was a little worse for wear after such a great day so Pat decided to go back to his place, we said our farewells and went our separate ways. I got back to my place a little before 9. I lasted for half an hour and then had to go to me bed. Nice early night though!!!!!

I must have needed the sleep. I didn’t get up until 8am this morning. Good rest again. I am thankful as I seem to be over the ’Kin dreaded lag at last, praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!

Well, I hope that you all have had as much fun this weekend as I did. It has been a special time especially as it is also Rememberance Sunday.
A prayer and many thanks to all our fallen heroes for the sacrifices made for our peace and freedom that we all enjoy today all be it a fragile peace at that.
God be with all our lost souls.

God bless you all
Stay safe and well

=Nicko=

Wróć do „Raporty z trasy koncertowej 2006/2007!”