Raport Nicko McBrain'a - TAMPERE

specjalne raporty z A Matter of Life And Death World Tour 2006/2007!

Moderator: Administracja i Moderacja SanktuariuM

Awatar użytkownika
WICKER MAN
-#Rainmaker
-#Rainmaker

Raport Nicko McBrain'a - TAMPERE

Postautor: WICKER MAN » wt lis 14, 2006 1:19 pm

Nicko: Tampere

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hotel room Helsinki Finland.
Time: 8:15am
November 14th 2006

Well, well, well, all’s a wee bit fuzzy this morning. I woke up really early. Must be the ‘Kin lag again. When will it end? Well, I guess when I stop ‘Kin traveling through so many different time zones. It amazes me that for all the years that I have been doing this wonderful job, I haven’t found a way to combat the dreaded lag. I know; each person has their own way of dealing with it. I must be cursed with the ‘Kin lag demon!!!! Sorry boys and girls I must stop this moaning.

On a lighter note, “How was your past couple of days,” Mine have been filled with a few, how shall we say, ‘Kin stupid moments, but more on that later. All will be revealed in the story!!!!

We are, as you will gather, in Helsinki Finland. It is ‘Kin cold here I can tell you, but then we are only a stones through from the ‘Kin Arctic circle.
We arrived on Monday morning at about 1am. We flew in from Tampere where we had a show on Sunday night.

It was a great gig. We played really well and there was definitely an air of excitement on stage. It felt stronger than usual for some reason.
There were a few mistakes being made but nothing really to write home about.
Earlier in the evening Trivium hit the stage for their first show with us. Welcome aboard guys!!!!

They rocked the house really well. I haven’t heard their music before now and was looking forward to hearing them. I popped out to the side of the hall about half way down from the stage to the back of the room. The room didn’t sound very good but I got the idea of what they’re about. Great players and some cool riffy tunes. I will have too catch them tonight. I want to get a better view and position to hear them.

So, after the show we had our showers and relaxed for a while before heading to the airport. We only had a 40 minute flight this evening so we didn’t need to do a runner.

When we arrived into Helsinki we were met by some very nice people that helped us through the airport to the waiting vans. The drive to the hotel took a little over twenty minutes. Andy Taylor is here in Helsinki visiting us with Pete DeVroom, our accountant, we are having business meetings all day Monday, so we asked Rod to get on his blackberry and mail our drinks order to Andy who was at the bar in the hotel. It was due to close at 1am. Andy had received the order so when we arrived at the hotel we had a nice drink waiting for us, what service lovely jubbly. After our night cap I headed to me room and got ready for the pit. I was feeling very tired I can tell you. I went for it again and again I’m paying the price for that. Well, ‘Kin Nora, I do play in a hard rock band mate, can’t go pussy footing around tickling the tubs now can I.

Awoke again at the crack of dawn, (well she didn’t complain) TEEHEE. What’s up with that????????? Got up and went downstairs to meet Ena and Minnie, had a not so impressive breakfast and then went back to me room for a while. We had a band meeting scheduled for 12:30pm. We all met and a couple of hours later we had wound things up. Great meeting and some very nice plans were laid for the future. No I can’t reveal them to you can I, OK. So don’t even ask.

After the band meet we had scheduled individuals with Andy and Pete. Mine was the last one of the day. We were finished at a little after 6:30pm. Andy and Pete decided it was time for a libation, Pete only going for the diet coke as he is teetotal. I joined them in the lobby bar.

We are having dinner this evening with the record company so I needed to be ready for the 7:30 meet in the lobby. Dave joined us for a drink and then it was time to go and get ready to leave. I went to me room and got my jacket and threw on some socks then made my way back down to meet the guys. We made the 10 minute journey to a nice Italian gaff in downtown Helsinki. We ordered the wine and then the food. Alas boys and girls I could not find a suitable wine that I liked, don’t get me wrong, I’m sure that there are very good red wines made in Italy, it’s just that I have yet to find one to my liking that’s all. So I opted for a nice white wine this evening. I had as a starter, a very nice lobster risotto, very tasty, followed by a dish of whitebait with fried potatoes and veggies, only problem was that we had been seated for nearly two and a half hours before the main course arrived and when it did my food had OLIVES under the spuds and fish. Well, I do not like olives, so I mentioned this to our waitress who by the way was very good at her job of looking after us, After I brought it to her attention, she said that she would take them off the plate, Well, I said that the taste of the olives would still be on the grub and said not to bother as I didn’t feel like waiting another hour for that to happen. Then Andy wound me up about it, and I did, I lost me cool. I raised me voice, a little too much saying “I don’t’ Kin like olives” and with that decided to bugger off. I have to say that that is not the way to behave at a nice restaurant with ya band and record company friends. So my apologies to them all and just so you lot know I’m feeling a little ashamed of myself, as one should, about me behavior last night, not good.

So with that said it’s off to me breakfast with just, Ena, today. Minnie, I do believe, is suffering a serious hangover this morning.
All will be revealed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight is the first of two sold out shows here in Helsinki. I’m looking forward to that. We also have a Platinum disc presentation with the record company. I’m looking forward to that as well. At the very least it will give me the opportunity to make me apologies in person to all the folks for my outlandish behavior last night.

Well, it’s that time.

I’m off for a wee siesta. We’re meeting in the lobby at 4:30 as we’ve scheduled a sound check today. One of only three so far on this tour

Stay safe and well.
God bless you all.

=Nicko=

Wróć do „Raporty z trasy koncertowej 2006/2007!”